Friday, June 21, 2013

A Week In Feminine Dress

When I read some of my favorite blogs, I am often directed to another blog and so a cycle starts. 
I have been following Christine for a little bit now which led me to follow The Country Wife and so forth. They actually inspired me to start a blog! 

Christine recently posted about " A Week In Feminine Dress" which led me to The Catholic Lady

The Catholic Lady currently has a challenge going on for us women that states

"The object is to encourage more women to dress like a "Catholic Lady".  Please consider joining the "Week In Feminine Dress" challenge! Here are the rules: No pants, shorts, flip flops, low necklines, sleeveless tops, tight clothing, short skirts (showing the knee), or anything that you find questionable!  Dress like you would imagine a true Catholic Lady to dress."

Although I feel that I do try to dress modestly, and lady like. Living on a farm can, and has put a damper on my efforts. It is just so easy to throw on flip flops, shorts, and a tank top and not care. We should care! I WANT to look presentable, decent and lady like for my future husband. I don't want to bring attention to myself but I do want to present myself like a lady. This goes for dressing, my actions, my words and my work.

This isn't a one day miraculous flip. This will be and already has been an on going process. I pray to the Blessed Mother for guidance and help. I ask my fiance for help on picking out clothing that both he and I find to be acceptable. I will not let the world decide how I should dress. This saying, I will not dress frumpy, or in something that may resemble my grandmothers old table cloth.  It is possible to be modest and modern!

With that being said, here is so A Week Lifetime in Feminine Dress!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment