Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays!

 The lovely women at City Wife Country Life used to hold Tasty Tuesdays. Although she stopped doing that a while ago, I am crediting this post to her (mostly because I think the name is clever)! I will try to be posting new recipes that I try out every Tuesday! Please feel free to contribute or let me know if you have tried a recipe! :)


I LOVE broccoli soup. I came up with the “brilliant idea” to make my own… I don’t know why I haven’t thought of this before… Anyway! After acquiring lots of broccoli (thank you mom!) I have decided to go ahead and make my first attempt! Here is a recipe that I found, made today and will be serving it to my loving fiancé for dinner!

Ingredients:
2 cups chicken broth
5 cups broccoli
¼ cup onion
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup cheddar cheese
¼ tablespoon oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
½ stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped

Bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and onion. Cook for five minutes or until veggies are tender. In a separate bowl mix together milk and flour and stir together. Mix until blended. Stir the flour mixture into broth mixture. Stirring constantly until soup is thick and bubbly. Add cheese. DO NOT BRING TO A BOIL AGAIN the soup will separate. Add seasoning and serve.!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment