Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tasty Tuesday... Late!

Hi everyone! I am trying to catch up on posts. I had an emergency situation yesterday that I had to address with a friend. He is a fellow blogger, co worker and a friend to me. He was admitted yesterday into the hospital for mental health reasons. I ask you all to pray for his recovery.

Yesterday, I decided to whip together a quick dinner as I was working during the day. Our dinner consisted of; blackened Tilapia, garlic spinach, garlic bread loaf, and a Amish macaroni salad. I will be providing the recipes for Garlic Spinach  as well as Blackened Tilapia for two reasons... The Blackened Tilapia is my new recipes, and the Garlic Spinach is just so  delicious and quick that I had to share :).








Blackened Tilapia 
( I am almost positive this can be used with any fish you have on hand?)
Ingredients:
  • Tilapia Fillets
  • ground coriander, salt, pepper, garlic powder( not garlic salt! However, if you only have garlic salt than just use less regular salt :) )
  • Juice from 1 lime
  • Cilantro
Season fillets generously and sprinkle with lime juice. Place in a non stick pan with oil ( I used olive, but whatever you use will work!) Cook until opaque. Sprinkle with cilantro and lime juice and serve! 

Here they are seasoned!

The frying has started!

Technically, they should be more opaque and more blackened. However due to our emergency I stopped taking pictures and hurried up so we could eat.


                 

Garlic Spinach
Ingredients:
  • 2 large bunches of spinach
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
  • salt
Heat 2 tbsp olive oild in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and saute about a minute, just until garlic browns. Add the spinach to the pan, lacking it down a little. Flip it a few times. The spinach at this point should start getting "soggy/wilted". Cover the pan and cook for 1 minute,then cook 1 minute uncovered. Remove from heat. Drain moisture, sprinkle with salt and serve!


Almost done! I have made this a few times , and so far everyone has been a fan, enough those non spinach eaters. I am sure you could incorporate  cheese for those picky eaters by grating some cheesey goodness on top before serving :)


Thanks to City Wife Country Life for hosting Tasty Tuesdays!

















No comments:

Post a Comment