Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday!

So I have this terrible habit of planning something for Tasty Tuesday then life decides to be life and I change my mind. This past Monday I was planning a super last minute cookout for my niece and her boyfriend. They just came back from Poland and we decided to grill out. I wanted to make a small, sweet treat, my dilemma I had about 45 minutes to pull this whole event together. I wanted something simple, but delicious and from scratch ( I have recently started boycotting processed foods, corn fructose syrup and other things). So I present a light, fluffy, delicately sweet, coffee cake that left them eating crumbs!

Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Ingredients: 
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Streusel Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter( melted)
1/2 cup nuts (optional, but delicious)

In a bowl mix together sugar, shortening, egg. In another bowl mix together salt, flour,baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Put into a greased 9 inch pan. In another bowl put all of the Streusel toppings together, sprinkle on top of batter. Heat the oven to 375* and bake for 20-25 minutes. 

It is awesome. Really it is :)

May God bless all of you! Have a wonderful week!










No comments:

Post a Comment