Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays!

My mom is amazing and left me with a package of pork chops, unfrozen, so I knew I had to use them quick :)! I figured this would be a great time to go ahead and try out a new recipe. I think hat pork/pork chops can be very versatile and easy to work with, but for some reason I tend to lean towards fried pork chops every time. I decided to use the internet as my tool and search for something delicious!

After looking high and low I finally found a recipe that I ave not tried, look fairly simple, and had great reviews. However, as I was making this it was NOT going as planned and everything seemed to be going down hill. For that reason... I didn't take any pictures, and I improvised a lot on my own. I now regret that because... Both my brother and Sebastian licked their plates clean...and my serving dish...
So I bring to you...


Sour Cream Pork Chops 
Joanna's Version!
( As I mentioned, I made lots of changes to this recipes. I will be writing the original version, and my changes are in red)


Ingredients: 
  • 6 (4) pork chops 
  • 2 (1) cubes bullion ( Next time I just might use chicken stock)
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Garlic powder to taste
  • 2 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 8 oz container of sour cream
Season pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a medium skillet brown the pork chops in a small amount of olive oil. 

     Now the next step in the original recipes tells us to move the pork chops, when brown to a slow cooker. I omitted the slow cooker part and did this instead. If you would like the slow cooker part please email me. 

 Move the pork chops into a dish and stick in the oven at 250 degrees to keep warm. In the pan where the you were browning the pork chops place the onion and let them brown with the juices from the chops. After browning, pour the 2 cups of water into the pan and put the bullion cube in and bring to a boil. While that is heating up, take the 2 tbsp flour and mix with the 8 oz container of sour cream. When the onion/water mixture is brought to a boil but the sour cream/flour mixture. Whisk/mix well so that the flour does not clump. This should turn into a  smooth sauce. 

Take out the chops from the oven , and pour the sauce over them. I put these back into the over for another hour at 250 degrees, and I served them!

This is a picture from the website that I found the recipe. I will be using this recipe once again and then I shall snap a picture! :)





Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment