Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays



Who doesn't love pizza! With all these fresh ingredients growing in the garden its a perfect excuse to put them together for a quick and delicious dinner. I have used other pizza dough recipes in the past, but today in the back of my cabinet I found a package of unexpired Fleischmanns Pizza Crust Yeast. I decided it would be a perfect experiment for Tasty Tuesday. Normally I don't trust anything this fast and east, but I can't complain today as we ate the whole pizza! I will list the ingredients for the dough below according to the package.

Ingredients:
1-2 cups all purpose flour
1 envelope Fleishcmanns Pizza Crust Yeast
1 tablespoon salt
2/3 cups warm water
3 tablespoons oil

Combine 1 cup flour, yeast,  sugar and salt in a large bowl ( yes this is a little different, as this recipe apparently requires no rising time). Add warm water and oil and mix with a fork for about 1 minute. Gradually add more flour. Add enough flour until it turns into a round soft, but slightly sticky ball. Knead on a floured surface for about 4 minutes. Spread the dough out on a 12 inch GREASED pan ( or in my case a pie dish because that is what worked for me). Spread with desired pizza sauce ( I make a bruchetta sauce as it is simply more tasty and has more texture). Put in your ingredients. Heat oven to 425 degrees and bake for about 15 minutes for a wonderful crispy crust with a chewy middle. It is simply awesome! I only got a few pictures in as I got preoccupied, so here it is!
Here is my awesome ball of dough.

I don't have a pizza dish, so pie crust dish it is!

My bruchetta make shift pizza sauce... I shall share a recipe next time!

Half ham and jalapeno and half ham,jalapeno and broccoli!

Can't forget the cheese :) I didn't get to take a picture of it baked, because , well I forgot and we ate it to quick. Oops! Sorry, but try this recipe out, for real. It is yummy.




No comments:

Post a Comment