Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Five Favorites





Head over to Hallie for more Five Favorites :)


As I pondered on what to write for this weeks five favorites, I was inspired by a few bloggers and decided to tell you my Five Favorite things about my Catholic faith :).
 1.
 The Holy Trinity
Okay, so I know this isn't limited to the Catholicism, but I love how the Catholic church incorporates the trinity into our daily lives and within the sacraments! 




2.
The Saints
I love the Saints! I think they are a great example of what we can be and what we should strive to be. I love it when people who are not Catholic or even some that are make the statement that we pray to the Saints to me, for the pure fact that I can clear up that hearsay! What a support system we have, people to pray for us! I have recently been trying to incorporate feast days into my daily life and what fun it is! I think it is a great way to stray away from that "Sunday Catholic" feeling we may sometimes get by incorporating church history/saint lives into our own. I know it helps ME feel closer to the Lord!

 

 




3.
Unity
I love the unity that the Catholicism encompasses. I think it is amazing that you could go into any Catholic church on any given Sunday and the readings would be the same. I love that the teachings are universal. Since going to RCIA with Sebastian I am astonished by how much we have received from them already without paying a dime; all of our materials, time and dedication from the RCIA team leaders plus the amazing meal that we shared at our last class. They went above and beyond decorating the cafeteria for us and I was moved!


I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10

4.
Scripture/Catechism
What a blessing and a resource! I didn't get my first catechism until I reached college. When people asked me why Catholics did this or that my awesome answer was 1) I don't know...? 2)That what I was always taught. What ignorance of the scriptures and lack of knowledge about this beautiful faith! Scripture is such a raw resource for me. It is the cold hard facts. I won't lie, sometimes it can be confusing and you don't always have a priest under your speed dial... although wouldn't that be cool... 1-800-CALL- A- PRIEST :)
The Catechism explains most if not all my unanswered questions :). 



 5.
Sacraments
One of beauties in the Church. I don't know how else to describe the Sacraments other than pure, love and beauty. I love that our faith doesn't just have baptism but different steps through out our life that intertwine with the sacraments at appropriate moments to strengthen our relationship with God!


2 comments:

  1. I especially love your number 2. The Saints are my favorite...it's so awesome having friends in "high places" interceding for us.

    The sacraments are pretty awesome too...as is the catechism and the trinity! Great post!

    Also, I tagged you for a scrumptious blog award

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you for the kind words!
    Awesome I just saw it, I love this kind of stuff. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete