Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesday!



.
Due to school being in full swing it is a little harder for me to find time to try full out recipes. Instead I look for ideas that a quick,simple, but most importantly are still made from nutritious sources! Below are two recipes(?) that I have recently made!


Pumpkin Pancakes!
I had a ton of pumpkin puree left over from making my pumpkin scones ( YES! I did make them and enough to even freeze them) that I needed to use up. Just as I was about to google my little heart out to look at recipes, my friend posted online that she made pumpkin pancakes! How perfect, I was planning on making a special breakfast for Sebastian and I before we headed out into Amish country ( more on that in another post :) ) and I had pancake mix leftover from my last Tasty Tuesday recipe!
Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of MY pumpkin pancake due to the morning rush but here is a picture of hers! 

Photo: Pumpkin pancakes. That's right restaurants, who needs you and your budget killing ways?

These cannot be ANY easier to make....

1. Make pancake mix according to the instructions. I made the lowest amount which was equivalent to 5 pancakes.
2. Add 1/2 a cup of pumpkin puree( more if making more)
3. And the way my friend Emily put it... 
      -A generous shake of cinnamon
      - A tap of ginger, and nutmeg 
Because who needs measuring tools right :) !?
4. Proceed to make as you would a regular pancake

End result?  DELICIOUS


Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
I have a uncontrollable desire for McDonalds breakfast sandwiches. Or any breakfast sandwich to be honest... Lets face it 1) they are loaded with calories 2) loaded with preservatives 3) the nearest McDonalds is about 40 minutes away (thank goodness). For some reason in the morning I have time for everything aside from making breakfast. hmm... I love breakfast sandwiches... no time in the morning... I had the "brilliant" idea to make a bunch of breakfast sandwiches and ...freeze them!
They are super easy! You can make them however you want with whatever you want! Here is the link that I used to help me along :)

The only variations that I did to the above recipe was that I made my own biscuits, and instead of bacon I used ham, and a Swiss cheese vs. American. Next time I may try something different :). When you take it out of the freezer just pop it into the microwave! Also, I am a huge fan of over easy eggs but unfortunately I don't think you can or should... freeze them that way


I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful day!
Remember that you are beautiful and loved!





1 comment:

  1. Were those home made English muffins? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete