Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Continuation of New Beginings

Dear Readers,

I have struggled to write this post for sometime. As many of you have noticed, I have been away since last November. It took me months to even log back on and see how all of you were doing, but when  did so I had an urge, or may I say gentle push from God to write.

I won't go into the big details, as there is too much to tell, and I would like to focus on the future, rather than the past. Sebastian and I had a very rough few months, and our wedding is currently at a halt. At first I was angry, upset and very depressed about what happened between us. Now, a few months later I am blessed ( still working on completely seeing it this way) that what happened, happened.  We are still together, and working hard to not necessarily "rebuild" our relationship, nor change it, but rather grow individually, together, and through Christ. I cannot imagine spending my life with another man.

On that note, much has changed! I am now about a month into my last unofficial semester of college! I say that as I have to take one more summer course before I receive my beautiful wall decoration; diploma. Ladies, I am ready to be done.

The farm life is going okay but is super frustrating. We have had some hellacious winter weather here in Illinois and it has been hard! SO much snow and with the tractor not wanting to EVER start for me, it is very frustrating. The pipes just froze in the barn, so carrying water to the animals everyday is another burden, but I shall prevail! Thankfully, Sebastian comes over whenever he can and helps us with everything, and for that I am truly grateful!

On a lighter note, I am getting more and more involved with a church nearby! If you have been here for a while, you know that Mass was a toughy as we had a Church that was close to me, but disliked the way things went there. However, the Church that Sebastian s taking RCIA at is about an hour away, one way. That took a toll on our wallet.

Through a backwards way, I was encouraged to give the Church by me a second glance, and so I did, and it was much much better. A different priest, and Mass is longer than 25 minutes! I decided to get involved, as I have been wanting to for some time! I will be helping out with CCD, and Youth group. The young woman that runs this place is truly a blessing to me, and we laughed with how much we had in common and how many people we were mutually acquainted with.

Well that is the shortened catch up of the last few months :-). A few things I am looking forward to...
Sebastian is attending Koinania next weekend! Pray for him please! I had such an amazing experience, and I hope he does as well. For those who don't know, Koinania is like the college version of TEC. Weekend long retreat, with a lot of blessings packed in!

The weekend after, I have the pleasure of not only attending the Woman Behold Conference for the second year, but for the first time helping out with it! I am so excited!

A few months from now, Sebastian, God willing, be confirmed! I wrote a post a while back all about it. I attend classes with him, and they are pure bliss. So many people, from different walks of life coming together asking Fr. David , HARD questions, and just seeing these people grow in Christ warms my heart. PLUS, I get to learn a lot as well :-). Also, Sebastian and I have made it a habit to go to Adoration before class or, after class if someone takes to long shopping at Goodwill we are running short on time ;-). It has been great to get back to Adoration especially together.



Okay! I won't bore you any longer with my life :-). I hope to post more regularly, but forgive me if it is a bit out of whack. Somedays I feel as if I have all the time in the world, other days I am running around, much like many of you I imagine :-)


God Bless,

Joanna



1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad life is back on track again and that you both growing spiritually together. Happy to be reading your blog again too! :)

    ReplyDelete