Monday, April 14, 2014

Answer Me This

Linking up with Kendra from Catholic All Year . I have been following Kendra for sometime now and absolutely love her blog! Although I am not yet married nor do I have children, I enjoy reading about her children, husband, and overall how to live as a Catholic All Year! Now, hope over to her page!


1.What time do you prefer to go to Mass?
I still have the freedom that I can go to Mass at whatever time I wish! I have been to Mass at a variety of times. Sunday seems to be the only day where I can get a little bit of rest, so 9:00 am Mass really seems to work with me. I don't have many Mass options where I live now, unless I want to drive an hour, which at times I do! I currently go to 8:30 Mass as that is where I teach CCD. I am grateful that the Church has many options; morning, afternoon, night, and vigil!


2.Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
I am a pansy when it comes to both... I get cold very easily, so I enjoy being warm. However, if I had to pick I think I would pick being too hot. It seems that it would be easier to deal with than shivering!
  
3.How many brothers and/or sisters do you have?
I have two older sisters, a younger brother and a older brother. Each older sibling has two children each so our home during the Holidays is filled with love :).

4.If you were faced with a boggart, what would it turn into?
Is it sad that I had to look up what a boggart is? After much research, if I were faced with a boggart, it would turn into a Killer Whale. Yes, the friendly Free Willy that people always laugh at when I tell them that movie is my horror film. I don't know exactly what it is, their dorsal fin and white patch "eye" scares the poop out of me. My future children will never go to Sea World with their mother.

5.Barbie: thumbs up or thumbs down?
 I had a few Barbies growing up as well as a doll house. However, according to my mom, I didn't play with them all that much. I would brush their hair, dress them up and that is about it. Baby dolls on the other hand I took with me everywhere. I loved playing mommy/daycare/school with them. I hope that if I have daughters they play with dolls. I understand the controversy with Barbie, and as someone who has struggled with sever body dimorphism, I agree with them. So.... thumbs down?

6. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
I think the biggest piece of advise that I like to follow is; do not judge a person unless you walk a mile in their shoes. My view point has changed drastically after I have gotten older and experienced more, whether that was through my own experience or someone else. This doesn't mean everything people do is justifiable, but rather the old saying " Don't judge me because I sin differently than you".

I hope that all of you had a blessed Palm Sunday. I think it was my first English Palm Sunday Mass! For the last 21 years I have attended Polish Mass!




1 comment:

  1. I love that you called yourself a pansy and that your boggart would turn into Shamu. Frankie has some jammies that we will not be passing along to you!

    ReplyDelete