Friday, August 15, 2014

7 Quick Take Friday



Linking up with the lovely Jen over at Conversion Diary

I thought this would be a perfect time to go ahead and give you 7 quick "updates" since I have been on last. Lets dive in...


1.
I graduated! After four years of late nights, great times, bad food, good people I am ready to leave it all behind. Many people at this point will be very nostalgic about their time in school and reminisce. I don't mean to sound negative, one of the only good things that came out of this school for me was meeting my husband to be. If I could do it all over again I would have picked a different school, and a different program. There was a CONSTANT struggle with payments and "mysterious fees". For a school that prides themselves on being a close knit Christian  community etc. I was deeply hurt with some of the things I saw and were said to me. Alas, it is over with and I can move on!

I think we all were excited
for treats afterwards!














2. 
Prior to graduation and afterwards I was on a panic to " Send ALL the applications". I sent many upon many resumes to different companies, slowly lowering my standards as rejection letters came through. Most of these rejection letters/emails/phone calls said something like it " We thank you for applying but we have decided to hire a candidate that has more experience". I was very upset about this and thought I would stay at my gas station job forever.


3.
In June I met with a friend, a fellow blogger and RE director at my parish at a brand new coffee shop about 10 minutes from my house. As a former barista I was very excited about this. When I walked through the doors I was immediately entranced by the look of the place. Half way through our meeting/hangout I decided to put an application in! I started working 2 days later, and was promoted to assistant manager a month later. Is this what I thought I would be doing after school? Absolutely not. However, Sebastian and I always talked about opening a coffee shop one day as we both have a passion for coffee; him drinking it and I creating it. I am already learning so much about business and different models and linking it with coffee was absolutely perfect; thanks God :-).
Giving the kids something to do, we have events such as
Rock Paper Scissors Tournaments!
We try to bring the community together by having a community puzzle!


We donate our tips to a local charity each month!



4.
During this summer Sebastian and I decided to get a puppy to add to our multitude of animals already. His name is cowboy and he is a St. Bernard/Lab mix. He is awfully cute and man is he growing fast!



 

5. 
Although I haven't gone to the pool at all this summer by my farm, Sebastian and I have had our share of adventure! We have gotten into hiking and enjoying nature, nice cheap but beautiful dates! I was surprised to find so many places that have hiking trails!












6.
Sebastian and I were also lucky enough to take  few days and go on two mini vacations! One was in Madison, Wisconsin at the beginning of summer and just  few weeks ago we went back to Wisconsin to go to the dells! It was such a nice time both times. I truly love Wisconsin!
Are we totally cheesy for always getting these pictures done every-time we go to the Dells :-)?

Madison is a beautiful city! This is coming from a Chicago girl, who lives in the country now and vowed to never go back to a city!

7.

I know there is much much more to update but that is the "big stuff". For my last take don't forget that today is the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary! Also, a Holy day of Obligation, so get your butts to Mass :-)


Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, that we Thy Servants may enjoy perpetual health of mind and body and by the glorious intercession of the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered from present sorrow and unjoy enternal happiness. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you're back to blogging- and glad you are at The Hub :)

    ReplyDelete