Monday, September 29, 2014

Review: The Thrifty Amish and Mennonite Closet

This weeks review is of a small shop that  I ran into while looking for a modest dress. I took a look at her page and was shocked with her prices as they are so darn low! $5.99 for a modest Amish cape dress.   After seeing her payments; which were PayPal and credit cards through PayPal I decided to take the plunge and order a beautiful forest green cape dress and see what happens.




Only a few days later I was surprised with a package from her shop and pulled out a lovely forest green, soft dress. I immediately tried it on and it fit like a glove. I noticed that the bust was a little tight and I would have to let that out , but other than that the dress was perfect! For $5.99 I simply could not complain!

This online shop has a variety of dresses, mens wear, children's wear, kapps, amish toys etc, all items lean toward Amish and Mennonite style. The items are hand crafted or repurposed. The prices cannot be beat and the quality/craftsmanship is a 4 out 5 stars! I recommend buying a few items, and making sure you get correct sizes. The shipping is about 5 dollars which is equal to one item in her shop ( give or take), this way you can combine shipping and get the ultimate deal!

Overall the shop earns a 4.5 stars out of 5. Her reviews are impeccable. Her shipping is lightening fast. The only qualm I have is some of the stitching,  still, I would buy from Paula again and again, and I will continue to do so!

Facebook Page: Amish Clothes
Website:TTAMC
Etsy store: PaulasThisandThat









2 comments:

  1. So glad to see your review. Very nice dress, and certainly not something you would immediately think of as Amish without the usual accompanying prayer kapp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see your review. Very nice dress, and certainly not something you would immediately think of as Amish without the usual accompanying prayer kapp.

    ReplyDelete