Sunday, September 28, 2014

St. Joseph

For CCD this year we are doing a Saints series. I wanted to share our Saint adventures with my readers! This month we decided to start with St. Joseph. I am so happy to do this series because it forces me to learn more about the Saints. I am trying to to a mix of Saints that the kids are familiar with but also some understated ones.

Each week we pray a prayer for the Saint asking their intercession, read about their lives, and the children also receive a Holy Card for that Saint.



This month, as mentioned was St. Joseph. As a important father figure head in the Bible I was disappointed that I couldn't find all that much about him. Regardless, it was a fun research project for me.

Saint Joseph is the patron Saint of the Universal Church, which the children also learned that Catholic  means "Universal".  St. Joseph was a foster father to Jesus, a very selfless giving man, that only is mentioned in the Bible a few times. St. Joseph is also the patron saint of carpenters, father and social justice. His feast day is March 19th.

Before class, we pray as a class...

"Saint Joseph, patron of the universal Church, watch over the Church as carefully as you watched over Jesus, help protect it and guide it as you did with your adopted son. Amen."

Happy Sunday! Stay tuned for our October Saint! May God Bless you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment