Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saint of The Month; Saint Francis of Assisi

As w begin the month of October it is time to change the  Saint of the Month! This months Saint is one of my favorites and dear to my heart; St. Francis of Assisi. I am so excited for the children to learn about St. Francis, especially since we have all heard the name around lately with St. Francis being the pope and all :-).

Looking at his feast day I completely forgot that the 4th of October is St. Francis feast day, how perfect! St Francis is the patron Saint of animals, merchants and ecology.
I think that St. Francis story is very humbling and it can be read in entirety here.






I have been a animal lover all of my life, and with living on a farm he has always been a Saint that I turn too. When I was discerning religious life for myself, I knew that if I were to go through I would go the franciscan route. I heavily discerned with the Sisters of The Third Order of St. Francis.

The prayer of St. Francis has always been a favorite of mine; and one that I turned to in time of anxiety, despair and unrighteous thoughts.

"Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life."


I hope that this month I can spread the joy of St. Francis to my students and be a worthy servant such as he was.

Thank you for stopping by! May God Bless you abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment